Sunday, March 14, 2010

My sweet boys


Austin...looking up at Daddy. Oh, how they love eachother. It's truly beautiful to see.



Between Ryan (my husband), Austin and our dog, Cagle…it’s safe to say I’m outnumbered by boys! I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love my boys.



I’ve had a few people tell me that I need to take time to mourn the loss of the child that I “thought I’d have.” This may be true for some people, but I don’t feel like I need to mourn anything. Seeing Austin’s sweet face and simply holding him gives me so much joy. He was meant to be mine. Don’t get me wrong, I know there are going to be tough and challenging days ahead. I don’t expect this journey to be an easy one. Austin is more than worth it though. I’m so blessed to be able to stay home with him.

Ryan and I have spent the past 2 days informing everyone of Austin’s diagnosis. I don’t want people to look at my son or his pictures and “wonder” if he has down syndrome, but not dare ask us. Ryan and I both want everyone around us to be informed. We’re not ashamed. The overwhelming support and love from our friends and family has been incredibly heartwarming.

Thank you for all of your support...each and every one of you, you know who you are!

I'll leave you with a video of Daddy and Austin.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla! Love your blog, you are so cute. I was so excited to meet little Austin. What a sweet little angel. You and Ryan are the best parents and we are here if you need anything. Even if you just get bored and want one (or all) of us to entertain you with some adult conversation. I love you Kayla and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Casie! I'm sure I'll need you, Malinda and Erika soon...ya'll always make me laugh.

    :)

    ReplyDelete