Thursday, October 28, 2010

31 for 21 Day 28

The Occupational Therapist came out to work with Austin today. This is the same OT that did Austin’s initial evaluation at 6 weeks to begin therapy. She’s going to be working with him twice a month. To say that I LOVE this therapist is an understatement. She’s completely amazing and has been working with children with Down syndrome for 30 years! She’s so resourceful and positive. I can tell she’s here because she wants to be, not for the money. Austin really likes her too, which is very important. He did so well in therapy today…better than he’s done to date! I have a feeling he’ll be sitting independently before we know it.
In not so hot news: Austin vomited again tonight. 3 nights in a row. This was different though because we didn’t put him in in his crib. After bath time, Austin always lies on Daddy while watching T.V on the couch. He started screaming and was inconsolable. I thought he wanted me, but even I couldn’t console him. Before I knew it, he vomited. I’m starting to think this isn’t a separation anxiety issue, but rather a stomach ache issue. What’s strange is that he eats Oatmeal, Chicken Apple baby food and Pear Mango baby food for dinner. He eats Oatmeal in the morning too, and that doesn’t make him sick. He also eats the same baby food for lunch. He doesn’t get upset or vomit after breakfast or lunch. So…why at night?
Austin has been in bed with us the past few nights, so I haven’t slept very well at all. I’m pretty sure I’ve had maybe 11 hours total of sleep in the past 72 hours. It reminds of the newborn stage when you rarely get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. I’m going to attempt to move him to his crib tonight and hopefully get some sleep. Please pray that my little man feels better and that we figure out what's going on with him at night.


Blessings,
K

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys can figure out whats up with Austin...He's in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete