Sunday, November 6, 2011

Falling Back

Did everyone remember to set the clocks back an hour? I used to take full advantage of that extra hour of sleep when “falling backwards.” Believe it or not, I’m not bothered by not sleeping in an extra hour these days. Waking up with Austin in the morning is the best! He’s definitely a morning person. I wonder where he gets that…Maybe his dad? He certainly doesn’t get it from me. It’s no big secret that I’m not a morning person. However, if I have to wake up at the crack of dawn…there’s no better person to wake up with than my happy little guy.


Austin had a runny nose and cough while we were in the hospital. I was concerned and mentioned it to the doctors numerous times, but they brushed it off…saying it was probably “viral.” While it did slightly bother me, I understand that they (the doctors at the hospital) don’t know Austin (or me). Therefore, it’s probably difficult to know if I’m just a mom that’s overreacting or if my concerns are truly warranted. That saying…
Mother Knows Best” is true. Austin had a follow up appointment with Dr. C on Friday and sure enough, his runny nose had turned into a sinus infection and his cough was diagnosed as croup. His antibiotic has helped immensely and it's a 14-day antibiotic. He’s been so much happier and content now that his tummy issues are under control that having a sinus infection and croup have been a piece of cake! Austin’s test results were still not available and Dr. C is going to check on them for us. So, I should have news this week (hopefully!)

The Buddy Walk is ONE week away! If you’d like to donate, please click on the “feeling charitable” tab on my blog. All donations go directly to The Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas. We’d love to have you walk with us and you don’t have to donate to walk. Just let me know so I can give you more information. The Buddy Walk is a lot of fun and there are a lot of fun activities for children of all ages. In a way, I feel a little guilty because I spent a lot more time last year preparing for the Buddy Walk. Then again, I HAD more time to do fun stuff like that. I also raised a lot more money last year. I know it isn’t all about that, but I feel giving back to the Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas is so important. I wasn’t as busy last year and Austin wasn’t nearly as active. Next year, I’ll start fundraising for the Buddy Walk MUCH earlier. More than anything, I always want to raise awareness.

Time to fold laundry and get ready for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment