Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I wish I had something interesting to write about, but life has been rather low key lately. Austin is recovering well from his surgery. We had a little scare last week because his catheter tube fell out on its own on Wednesday morning. I remember the recovery nurse telling me, “Worst case scenario, the tube falls out.” Naturally, I freaked out. I had the hospital page the on call Pediatric Urologist. However, she never called me back. I’m telling you, I have the worst luck with Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. I’ve never been a fan, but that’s an entirely different subject. Anyway, I called the hospital back for a second time and the on call doctor called me back around 5 that morning. Austin hadn’t urinated all night, which was highly unusual. The doctor suggested putting him in the bath tub and sure enough, that did the trick. She said it was okay that the tube fell out on its own because it had been 5 days. I assume the recovery nurse meant it would be bad if the tube fell out early on in recovery. We didn’t have to go to our appointment on Friday to remove the catheter since the tube fell out early.




Austin and I enjoyed our time with Nana. He definitely loves his Nana!  We were really sad to see her go back home. However, well see her and Papa again in a few weeks!!

We finished up our Christmas shopping on Saturday. Austin’s gifts sat in front of the tree until we wrapped them last night. I suppose this will be one of the few years that we can do that. I cannot wait until he’s old enough to understand the magic of Christmas. I also look forward to taking him each year to pick an “angel” to purchase gifts for off of the angel tree. I want Austin to know that Christmas isn’t about what you get, but rather, what you give. We don’t have a money tree in our back yard or anything, but Austin is fortunate enough to have presents under the tree. He’ll never know what it’s like to go without. Sadly, there are children that don’t have any gifts to open on Christmas day. It really puts things into perspective when you think about it.


If I don’t update before…have a Merry Christmas, everyone.


Blessings,
K

1 comment:

  1. ok, he is adorable! I just love him to pieces. Having nothing "big: to write about sometimes is so free-ing. good stuff! hugs!

    ReplyDelete