Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Little Cold

We are alive, just busy. Austin has his first official cold. You know what that entails...snot, snot, suctioning the nose, more snot, coughing and not being able to breathe due to congestion.  My poor little guy has been miserable, but he still manages to give us big smiles and “laughs” himself to sleep. Apparently, bed time and nap time are HILARIOUS.
Thanksgiving is almost a week away and then it will be my absolute favorite time of year…Christmas! I have the best childhood memories when it comes to Christmas. I can’t wait to share the fun with Austin. He really won’t know what’s going on this year, but it’s still going to be all about him.(When is it not? ) I’m so excited to decorate our home with the Christmas decorations and tree. I guess I shouldn’t get ahead of myself because Austin has surgery on December 10th. From what I know so far, he’ll have some type of “drainage tube” for the first week. He’ll see his doctor 7 days after the surgery to have it removed. I don’t know very much about this “tube”, but the thought of it scares me. My mom will be flying in a few days after Austin’s surgery and will accompany us to the follow up appointment. Thank God for Grandparents. We have several appointments at the end of November, so this is sure to be a busy month. We’ll also have to make time to pay a visit to Santa Claus. You know, so mommy can get that classic first picture with Santa.


 

Speaking of pictures, our sweet photographer said she’ll post some “sneak peaks” this week. I cannot wait! I’ll be sure to share them with all of you.


Please keep little man in your prayers and pray that his yucky cold will take a hike sooner than later.


Blessings,


K

No comments:

Post a Comment