Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Beautiful Encounter 31 for 21, Day 14

Austin had his 6 month review with ECI today. We really need to work on the crawling position and sitting independently. My sweet child is stubborn. He gets that from me. The Occupational Therapist that did Austin’s first assessment when he began therapy is coming to visit us in 2 weeks. She and Austin’s ECI teacher will determine whether or not Austin will benefit from weekly therapy visits for a while. I hope she’s ready for Mr. Stubborn. I’m actually very excited that she will be the one working with him because she’s worked with children with Down syndrome for almost 30 years. She gave me a lot of inspiration and insight during that initial assessment.

I received an unexpected gift in the mail this evening that brought me to tears. I wish I could put into words how grateful and humbled I am by the generosity and kind words of these two beautiful people. You know who you are. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
It's time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment